This slender and tender seaweed with its salty flavour subtly accompanies your recipes. It is the preferred seaweed of mermaids!
Accompanies a pan of fried seasonal vegetables or spice up a cream sauce to accompany “blue” fish. In tapenade with black olives.
TO BE DESALINATED BEFORE USE
• Immerse the seaweed in a large container of fresh water (1 litre for 100 g of seaweed) and stir, the seaweed will unfold and the salt will fall to the bottom of the container. Leave for 15 seconds.
• Remove and press the seaweed slightly between your hands.
• Repeat in a second batch of fresh water for 4 to 5 minutes.
• Taste, the seaweed should have a very slight salty taste.
• Repeat a third time if necessary.
Himanthalia elongata * (from Brittany), sea salt.